Home Add a memory Read memories FAQ
Contributors People Places Research & Education Timeline Lab Events Images & Movies

Go Back   The Memory Board at Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory > Contributors, ADD YOUR MEMORY! > Courses: Instructors & Attendees
User Name
Password
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Courses: Instructors & Attendees Dr. Bashford Dean led the first course at Cold Spring Harbor in 1890, but the modern era began in 1945 with the Phage course, established by Max Delbrück and Salvador Luria. The Courses have had an enormous impact on research, introducing thousands of scientists to new topics. What courses did you participate in and how were they memorable?

Old 07-01-2003, 11:49 AM

Default Human Neurobiological Disease course 1983

I was a member of the first course on this topic organized by Xandra Breakefield and Ira Black. As a graduate student I thought the whole course was something out of a fairytale. From my gorgeous room in Banbury (under the watchful eye of Katya), to meeting the
continous stream of famous neuroscientists who lectured and socialized with us each day - it was an experience to be treasured forever. Most important, of course, were my fellow course-takers - smart, funny, talented. I would love to know if ANYONE ever slept - the discussions were simply too good and sleeping meant you might miss something!