Home Add a memory Read memories FAQ
Contributors People Places Research & Education Timeline Lab Events Images & Movies

Go Back   The Memory Board at Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory > Contributors, ADD YOUR MEMORY! > Watson School Students
User Name
Password
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Watson School Students The Watson School of Biological Sciences was created in 1999 and graduated its first doctor in 2003. The school boasts an entering class of less than twenty and an intense four-year graduate program. What stories can you recount about your student days at the laboratory?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-13-2004, 04:44 PM

Default Blackout 2003: Perspectives from Watson School students

During the Blackout I was visiting CSHL and I went down to the Barbara McClintock Building but I couldn't open the door and suddenly we realized that there was no power and so we decided to go to the bar and somebody went to their car and they heard that the entire coast was out. Well, a few days earlier when I was leaving St. Louis to visit Cold Spring, I was walking by an ATM and something had possessed me to take out some cash. So I got out 80 dollars. Well, I was so popular because the ATM was not working in Grace and there was no way to continue the celebration of the Blackout without a bit of money. Then it also happened that their had been a lab party the day before the blackout so we had left over food that had not been cooked so we fired up a gas grill and enjoyed ourselves.

Last edited by Marisa Macari : 01-30-2006 at 10:06 PM.