Home Add a memory Read memories FAQ
Contributors People Places Research & Education Timeline Lab Events Images & Movies

Go Back   The Memory Board at Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory > Contributors, ADD YOUR MEMORY! > Meetings: Organizers & Attendees
User Name
Password
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Meetings: Organizers & Attendees Reginald Harris, then Director of the Biological Laboratory, initiated the first Symposium in 1933. Today over 8,000 scientists come to the laboratory each year to attend meetings. What special moments do you recall from your participation in or organization of these meetings?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-13-2004, 03:02 PM

Default Meetings and the Elements: Snowstorm 2003

In December 2003 we had the Vaccines meeting and of course, we had the 22-inch snowstorm. So I, who runs the Meetings and Course Program, end up shoveling for an hour and a half because the crew who were working overtime had worked all night, worked all that morning and all that afternoon. I turned up at the cocktail party so there I was with my hair full of snow talking to Emilio Emini and Dennis Burton, probably the two people closest to developing an HIV vaccine, that was pretty funny.

Last edited by Angela Cornwell : 02-03-2006 at 01:12 PM.