Home Add a memory Read memories FAQ
Contributors People Places Research & Education Timeline Lab Events Images & Movies

Go Back   The Memory Board at Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory > Contributors, ADD YOUR MEMORY! > Courses: Instructors & Attendees
User Name
Password
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Courses: Instructors & Attendees Dr. Bashford Dean led the first course at Cold Spring Harbor in 1890, but the modern era began in 1945 with the Phage course, established by Max Delbrück and Salvador Luria. The Courses have had an enormous impact on research, introducing thousands of scientists to new topics. What courses did you participate in and how were they memorable?

Old 02-11-2005, 10:43 AM

Default A Psalm from Phage U. c. 1950

I just stumbled over this version of the 23 Psalm from Phage U. It had to be the summer of 1950. I found it scrawled in pencil on a scrap of paper in one of my old college texts that I am preparing to give to the local Library. My capitalization may be suspect.

Transcription:
Delbruck is my shepherd, I shall not err.
He leadeth me beside the Right Theory,
He maketh me to lie down in His Ideas.
He restoreth my Doubt.
He leadeth me in the paths of Research
for His name's sake
Yea tho I walk through the Valley of the Shadow of Math, I shall fear no mistake.
Thy Physics and Thy Calculus they comfort me. Thou preparest my Data in the face of my (?Thy) enemies, Thou annointest my plate with Phage, my titer runneth over. Surely Precision and Accuracy shall follow me all the days of my Life And I shall dwell in the Halls of Fame forever.
Amen
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ammiel_schwartz_psalm_72.jpg (73.2 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by Angela Cornwell : 02-28-2014 at 11:32 AM.