Home Add a memory Read memories FAQ
Contributors People Places Research & Education Timeline Lab Events Images & Movies

Go Back   The Memory Board at Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory > Research & Education > Meetings
User Name
Password
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2004, 04:53 PM

Default Blown Away

When I first started here I was working with Herb [Parsons] doing my first set of meetings and the projector just turned off and I thought, oh the fuse is dead, and in a hurry I thought in the middle of the meeting I am going to solve the problem and show Herb how good I am. So I took the fuse holder out of the back and I looked to make sure the fuse was burnt. I pushed the fuse in and I got blown back. I forgot to unplug the electric! It made a spark and it blew me up against the back of the wall. In fact, the speaker said "can someone check on the guy in the control room, I think he just got hurt! He must have seen this massive flash and Herb came in because he saw what happened and he said "is everything alright" and I said, "Yeah, but I can't feel my hand! For about an hour it was numb. Herb said, "You'll be fine, it's just a little shock!" I was so excited to get the projector fixed and impress Herb that I didn't pull the plug.

Last edited by Marisa Macari : 01-30-2006 at 10:00 PM.